HAGGIS - TO EAT OR NOT TO EAT?

How delightful!?  HAGGIS...
I have been to Scotland approximately three (3) times over the last three (3) years and never tried the Scottish dish HAGGIS !  why?  well ..... ummh.... aah....
nothing to do with the contents... liver, lungs and heart, plus oatmeal, herbs and spices.....
just ummh.... there was better stuff on the menu.... really..... like venison... and seafood....
so why would I try this haggis ?
maybe one day!
maybe next time?
Well ..... ONE DAY  has arrived !

Family members returned from Scotland and brought back a HAGGIS.....
so we can try it....
I could have waited till my next trip to Scotland in June! Really.....
So today Sunday.... we are going to prepare the HAGGIS with TATTIES and NEEPS......
in English that is:  TATTIES = potatoes
and apparently NEEPS = turnips or swedes......
going to do the traditional meal .....
wish me luck.... will post again after dinner.......

Comments

Rough Puff Pastry

POPULAR POSTS